Consulting & Keynotes
International touring artist Kelley Hunt and Kansas Poet Laureate Emerita Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg present Brave Voice keynotes and workshops to help businesses and organizations enhance creativity, breakthrough thinking, resilience, and shared vision.
Keynote Performances: Our original performances are crafted to meet the specific needs of your team, company, conference, or community and can bring great vitality and engagement to a conference, corporate retreat, or collaborative event.
Keynote Workshops: Our workshops help teams and groups attune themselves to the callings of their projects and workplaces. Tailored to your business or organization’s needs, workshops can vary from a 90 minute session, a half- or all-day workshop, or a multi-day retreat.
A Sampling: Kelley and Caryn have given dozens of stirring collaborative performances since 2004 for small groups as well as large audiences, including:
- International Dyadic Development Psychotherapy conference, Overland Park, Kansas: ”The Miracle of Deep Listening” performance, and “The Song and Story in Your Heart and Mine” all-day pre-conference workshop.
- Lied Center of the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas: ”Play It Forward” keynote performance for Friends of the Lied, three all-day workshops for 25 creatives with a culminating collaborative performance with participants.
- Power of Words conference, Plainfield, Vermont: “Creativity for Your Livelihood” all-day workshop for two dozen entrepreneurs, educators, and artists.
- Marshall County Artists-in-Residence, Marysville, Kansas: “The Land That We Dream Of” keynote performance at the Watertown Opera House, and an all-day intergenerational workshop.
- Lawrence Arts Center, Lawrence, Kansas: ”Dangerous Curves: Surviving and Thriving,” collaborative performance with the 940 Dancers to raise breast cancer awareness.
What People Are Saying
“I have been in attendance at both Brave Voice creative retreats and also workshops and presentations for business and corporate audiences. I’ve seen Caryn and Kelley adapt skillfully to different audiences, and always with an eye toward involving the attendees with activity or interactivity. They have an incredible ability to put people in touch with their creative core, and they’re very effective at giving people tools and techniques they can apply to their everyday lives, whether it’s for create-on-demand at their jobs or for nurturing the secret project they’ve always wanted to tackle. And the icing on the cake is the beauty and inspiration of their collaborative performance! Not to be missed.” — Kathryn Lorenzen, consultant
“This was the greatest gift I’ve ever given myself. The experience has been mind-blowing, self-nurturing, awe-inspiring, soul-enhancing. I have never before felt as I belonged in such a warm, all-encompassing way. Caryn and Kelley, you have changed the way I view the world, and I love the vision.” — Kristi Thompson, mortgage broker/corporate owner/real estate agent by day, poet by heart
“A respite from everyday challenges and responsibilities, Brave Voice has coaxed out of me a deeper understanding of myself. It calls me to find and nurture my own voice in the symphony chorus of life.” — Rebecca Merola, co-owner, Function Junction